I always make my shakes in the evenings so that I don’t wake my family in the morning (the Vitamix sounds like a freight train). I make enough for Hubby and kids to have in the morning. My daughter came up to me just as I was about to make a smoothie and says “mom can you make that green smoothie, not the Glowing Green smoothie but the green banana peanut butter smoothie” Ha she actually knows her shakes-she does listen! It was a proud moment :)
My sister brought this salad over for Thanksgiving. This is now my new favorite recipe. I’ve made it twice since. Hubby even ate and he surprisingly liked it.
ASIAN QUINOA SALAD
- 1 cup uncooked Quinoa
- 1 cup edamame beans (no pods) (I used frozen and then steamed them in their bag)
- 1/8th of a small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, diced
- 2 Tbsp light soya sauce
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- ½ Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Cook quinoa as indicated on the package
- Steam edamames till soft.
- In a bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients
- Add all remaining ingredients and toss till fully mixed. Serve warm or chilled.
Quinoa is one of the most protein-rich foods we can eat. It is a complete protein containing all nine essential amino acids.